everyone you’ve ever loved has said some problematic shit: a novel
you have also said some problematic shit: the sequel
having said problematic shit does not necessarily make you or anyone else a bad person, just be aware of it, don’t say it again, and don’t make fucking excuses for people who continue to say problematic shit: the thrilling conclusion
YOU KNOW WHATS FUCKING STUPID
WHEN YOUR FAMILY MAKES YOU GO SOMEWHERE WITH THEM AND YOU TELL THEM YOU DONT WANT TO
AND THEN WHEN YOURE ALREADY OUT THEY BLAME YOU FOR BEING ALL ANGRY AND TELL YOU YOU RUIN EVERYTHING
OH WELL MY FUCKING APOLOGIES
- *about to get murdered*
- murderer: any last words
- me: imagine how is touch the sky
- *escapes while murderer tries to figure it out*
- In high school they told us: There will be no grades in a class except the midterm and the final, so you have to study hard because failing one test means you fail the class.
- Once I was in college a professor said: Hey, you guys are working really hard on your third paper, so I'm just going to cancel the final and give everyone a hundred on it.
- In high school they told us: In college, class always begins exactly at the scheduled start time. If your class is at 9 AM and you get there at 9:01, the doors will be locked and you'll be out of luck, especially if it's the day of the midterm or final, because then you get a zero.
- Once I was in college a professor said: Does anyone mind if I start class at 3:35 instead of 3:30? These elevators are really slow and I want to have time for a cigarette before I teach for 90 minutes.
- In high school they told us: Every class you miss drops you a full letter grade in college courses.
- Once I was in college almost every professor said: You can miss three classes without a penalty, and a few more if you have a Doctor's note. Sorry to be a hardass, but you automatically fail if you miss more than ten days of class.
- In high school they told us: If you do have papers, your professors just lecture and put the assignments on the syllabus. You're completely responsible for remembering the deadlines, they won't remind you. All your professors will do is lecture and the rest is up to you.
- Once I was in college a professor said: Okay, so your next paper is in two weeks! I'll keep reminding you in the interim, but I just want to make sure you have enough time to do it! Let's run through the structure I want to see real quick, and if you have any questions, feel free to email me or come to my office hours!
- In high school they told us: You have to use MLA formatting and if you make any mistakes in your citations, it'll be considered plagiarism. You'll be expelled and probably sued.
- Once I was in college almost every professor said: Please do not use MLA, it is awful, we use either APA or Chicago here because we are not 14 years old.
- In high school they told me: There is no excuse for an absence. NONE.
- In college I called a professor and said: I'm really, really, really sorry but it's -18 before windchill and I have to walk two miles to get to class.
- The professor said: You stay inside and stay safe. Here's what we're reading today. I'll quiz you next week and if you can get a 90% I'll mark you present. I know you live off-campus, do you have food?
- In high school they told me: Your advisor is just for academia, not personal problems.
- In college my advisor called me: Are you okay? I haven't seen you in class in two weeks and I know you have depression. I can drop off your work if you'd like. Please call me and tell me how you're doing even if you can't get to class.
- In high school they told me: Don't argue. You think this is bad, wait til college.
- In college all but one of my professors said: You wanna argue, do it in a civil manner. We didn't get here today without 5000 years of healthy debate.
- In Addition:
- In high school they told me: You need to exceed all of your peers to get your teacher's attention and MAYBE they'll give you a good reference with a network.
- Most of my college teachers: Hey, you're fucking funny, I like you, you say intelligent things sometimes, and some dumb shit but you're here to learn and if you need a recommendation, come to me and I'll help out.
- High School: Forced the quiet kids to talk
- College: You're quiet... give me a good amount of thought in your papers and tests and your participation points will be counted.
- High School: Don't ask questions, just listen and do the readings and you'll be fine!
- College: ASK QUESTIONS YOU QUIET CRICKETS!!! Seriously, how in the hell am I supposed to know you understand me? I know you all don't get this shit, it's hard so ask questions!
so me and my dad are watching a documentary about a man that killed his children and the presenter turned to the camera and said ‘how could anyone ever think about killing their child’ and my dad sat there looking straight at the tv and said ‘trust me its not difficult’ he then looked at me and sighed
- me: *buys merch intended for males because all the female merch is ugly as hell*
ive been saying “ill get off the computer in a sec” for the last 10 years
REBLOG IF U A LIL STRESSED
MORE THAN A LIL
It’s days like this that I like to remember that the Irish government are ever proud of the Spire of Dublin.
It’s literally a 400 ft metal spike sticking out of the ground. It was supposed to be done for the new millennium but they didn’t start building it until 2002.
And it’s supposed to be self-cleaning but it doesn’t work and there’s no way to clean it.
not to mention it’s ‘unofficial name’
the erection at the intersection